Meet & Confer: You are invited to discuss the following topics with our school board this Wednesday:
- Traveling Teachers' Issues
- Special Needs of Students Regarding Clustering
- Media Specialists Perspective on the Book "Eleanor & Park"
- Open Forum (where you can bring issues not listed here)
School Board Election Forum: Half of our district's school board seats are up for election this November 5th. Meet the candidates at the League of Women Voters forum on Tuesday, October 8th at 6:30 at the Sandburg building in Anoka. All the candidates have agreed to participate:
- District 3 (Champlin, Dayton and parts of Coon Rapids): Bill Harvey and Grace Baltich
- District 4 (Ham Lake, Nowthen, and parts of Andover and Ramsey): Janelle Kirkeide, William Fields and Paul Meunier.
- District 6 (parts of Coon Rapids and Andover): Jeff Simon
Veterans Day: Getting ready to celebrate Veterans Day with your students? Visit NEA's lesson plan area at http://www.nea.org/tools/lessons/veterans-day-activities-intro.html for some good ideas. Honoring Veterans Day is another way to show military connected families that we support them.