Q-Comp Member Meetings Start Tuesday: Reminder, our first Q-Comp member information meeting is this Tuesday. Here are the dates of all the meetings, you are welcome to attend any that fit your schedule:
- Tuesday, February 8: Coon Rapids High School, Auditorium (enter door 13), 3:30-4:30 pm and 4:45-5:45 pm
- Thursday, February 10: AHEM Office; 10:30-11:30 am and 1:00-2:00 pm
- Tuesday, February 15: Jackson Middle School, IMC, 3:30-4:30 pm and 4:45-5:45 pm
- Tuesday, February 22: Blaine High School, IMC, 3:30-4:30 pm and 4:45-5:45 pm
- Wednesday, February 23: Anoka High School, Auditorium, 3:30-4:30 pm and 4:45-5:45 pm
- Thursday, February 24: Andover High School, IMC, 3:30-4:30 pm and 4:45-5:45 pm
Also, you can get more information on our Q-Comp website at www.ahqcomp.blogspot.com or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pay Freeze Bill: You have undoubtedly heard about the bills working their way through the legislature calling for a hard pay freeze for all educators. Many have asked how they could share the sacrifices those of us in the classroom are already making with their legislators. To send a message to your representatives, visit http://tinyurl.com/4uxozo4 . You can use the provided pre-written bullet points, your own stories, or a combination of the two. When you fill in your address, the site will look up your legislators and address your email to them automatically. In about 3 minutes, you can let your legislator know about the importance of local control in school decision making.
$20 Gift Certificate from Medica: Grab your Medica card, visit www.mymedica.com , and sign in (don’t worry if you don’t know your password or username – it’s easy to set yourself up if you have your Medica card with you). Click on the “Health and Wellness” tab and you’ll be asked to complete a short health survey. Complete it and they’ll email you a link to choose a $20 gift certificate. I know it works because I tried it a couple days ago and just downloaded my gift certificate (JCPenney was my choice). From registering to use the site to finishing the survey took about fifteen minutes, and I found some interesting health information on the website to boot.